Summary of an article on Olympic weightlifting gold medelists and characteristics of their snatches.
7 elite female weightlifters who won the gold medal (weight classes: 48, 53, 58, 63, 69, 75, 75+ kg) in the 2010 Women’s World Weightlifting Championship.
The heaviest snatch lifts from the 2010 Women’s World Weightlifting Championship’s gold medallists.
- first and second pull characteristics
- First pull was the longest.
- Maximal vertical barbell velocity was higher in the second pull than in the first pull.
- Knee’s extensions were the fastest at the fist pull and hip’s extensions in the second pull.
- The bar moved on average 29.34±6.24 cm (distance) in the first pull, and 25.91±2.81 cm (no difference).
- The work required to perform first pull was higher than for the second pull, but the power was higher in the second pull.
Take home message
AkkuS H. Kinematic analysis of the snatch lift with elite female weightlifters during the 2010 World Weightlifting Championship. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2012 Apr 1;26(4):897-905.